When one chooses a hosting platform, he or she is always concerned with the overall website performance. However, people might face some differences between the claims and original features. Today, we are going to present a comparison – Cloudways vs Siteground. Which one is going to meet your needs? We can find out their main features, benefits, pricing, and other details together.
Cloudways vs Siteground: Critical Features to Keep in Mind
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform. It promises to simplify the entire experience and remove all the complexities. In addition to this, the team tells that people will get:
- super-fast performance;
- excellent security;
- and many other features.
In general, this choice should be the most suitable for:
- eCommerce businesses;
- digital agencies.
Now, we are going to understand whether your content will be safe with this hosting. It is possible, thanks for looking through its main features.
Several Details to Know About Cloudways Hosting
- Highly-trained experts who are ready to answer your questions 24/7.
- All servers have dedicated resources. In such a way, one has the freedom to make the most out of the server and performance.
- It includes CloudwaysCDN. What benefits does it provide? It delivers advanced performance. You can integrate it without any coding knowledge.
- The platform also has auto-healing. This option resolves all the problems if something is wrong with your website.
- The hosted services have a protection of the OS-level firewalls. It protects the online-project from hackers and malicious software.
- You can take advantage of the one-click free SSL installation. A reliable certificate makes sure that people trust your website security.
- Two-factor authentication gives an efficient way to protect your account.
- This hosting performs security patches regularly.
- You can also pay attention to team management options. As an example, one team member can be a part of multiple teams. Furthermore, it takes nothing to distribute your work to others. It allows giving full access to the app or server.
- A one-click restore and back-up will also be useful. These can be on-demand and automatic ones.
- You can migrate your website to Cloudways effortlessly. It offers an application migration add-on. You can take advantage of one free migration.
SiteGround is a managed hosting provider. You might have already heard about this platform. For the reason that the official WordPress website offers it to the users. Nowadays, it powers 2,000,000 websites. This choice gained its popularity, thanks to such options as:
- reliable customer support;
- fast service;
- affordable prices;
- and many others.
This platform is most suitable for such purposes as:
- small and medium businesses;
To understand whether it meets your needs, we need to get familiar with its crucial functionality. Below, you can look through the critical attributes that deserve your attention.
Several Details to Know About SiteGround Hosting
- This hosting platform is connected with Google Cloud. In other words, it uses an ultra-fast network that gives your website a perfect performance. Moreover, you can turn to its server setup. It also includes custom speed optimization.
- You should also be happy with its level of security. It makes sure that your data is safe. As an example, a one-click SSL certificate. A daily back-up is also a crucial aspect. Thanks to it, your pieces of content are not going to disappear without a trace.
- It also has domain management. It is comfortable because you can work with your website and domain at once.
- An email service makes it possible to create a limitless number of accounts. Each of them can have a unique domain. The web client allows you to check your messages from anywhere.
- You can always turn to different additional tools. Among them, you are going to find a staging, dev, and collaboration tool.
- A staging tool is perfect for making changes to your website. It is possible to make its copy, work with the elements, and publish the changes.
- A dev toolkit gives a chance to work with WP-CLI, SSH access, PHP version control, Git integration, and other instruments.
- A few collaboration tools allow adding collaborators. In addition to this, you can deliver websites to the clients and give white-label access to the website tools.
- You can manage your website on the most popular content management systems. These include not only WordPress but also Joomla, Magento, and others.
- There are multiple additional WordPress plugins. As an example, you can optimize your website performance, thanks to them.
- Without a doubt, it offers 24/7 support. If you have some issues, the team is ready to help you with them.
Cloudways vs SiteGround: What to Learn About Page Loading Speed?
Cloudways does its best to ensure an excellent website speed and performance. Among its measures, we should mention the following ones.
- It has dedicated cloud server resources. In such a way, you are not going to face problems connected with shared hosting.
- SSD-based hosting works faster than others. Thanks to it, your pages are going to load quicker.
- We have already mentioned CloudwaysCDN. This service also brings an ideal performance.
Image source: https://www.cloudways.com/en/cdn-services.php
- You can pay your attention to built-in advanced cash. It also offers free WordPress cache plugins and free Magento full-page cache.
- Speeding your website up is possible, thanks to a pre-configured PHP-FPM.
If we are talking about SiteGround, it is impossible to keep silent about its loading speed. The team built particular services that ensure the best speed. Thanks to the latest software and hardware, enhancing the loading speed became easy. Furthermore, this platform takes advantage of such useful options.
- It has the original SuperCacher technology. It also uses the newest PHP releases that include built-in opcode cache.
- Application optimization makes website performance better.
- A free CDN happened, thanks to the partnership with Cloudflare.
- The delivery of static content is excellent because of the Nginx and web-server software.
- It also includes SSD drives for both cloud and shared platforms.
By the way, you can also learn about HostPapa Linux Hosting.
Working on the Security Matters
Cloudways has an interest in keeping your website secure. The following options can improve the level of your site safety.
- A one-click SSL installation.
- Security patching is done regularly.
- Firewalls allow filtering all the malicious traffic.
- A two-factor authentication process makes your account safe.
- Collaborating with networks and regions is possible, thanks to IP whitelisting. You will get access to SSH and SFTP.
- Choosing from on-demand and automated back-ups. It is possible to restore them in one click.
SiteGround allows getting security and updates if you are a managed WordPress hosting user. Below, you can get familiar with some measures that the team uses.
- It has automatic WordPress software and plugin updates. It is possible to create a schedule for them. If you need to prepare for the chosen update, it is possible to choose time for it.
- You can protect your online-project from the attacks, thanks to a custom firewall.
- Health checks happen every 0,5 seconds.
- An automatic detection allows finding a malicious activity and removing it in a flash.
- You can work with automated daily backups.
- It is possible to install an SSL-certificate in one click.
Do not forget to check this WordPress security guide to know more ways to protect your website.
Cloudways vs Siteground: Choosing the Most Affordable Pricing
The comparison in terms of Cloudways vs Siteground will not be full without mentioning their prices.
Cloudways has four plans to choose from. You can get familiar with them here and now.
|First Plan ($10/month)||Second Plan ($22/month)||Third Plan ($42/month)||Fourth Plan ($80/month)|
|RAM||1 gb||2 gb||4 gb||8 gb|
|Processor||1 core||1 core||2 core||4 core|
|Storage||25 gb||50 gb||80 gb||160 gb|
|Bandwidth||1 tb||2 tb||4 tb||5 tb|
Each of them includes such benefits as:
- 24/7 support;
- free SSL;
- CDN add-on;
- free migration;
- limitless application installation;
- team management options;
- dedicated firewalls;
- real-time monitoring;
- automated back-ups;
- staging environment;
- advanced caches;
- security patching
- HTTP/2 enabled servers;
- SSH and SFTP access.
SiteGround gives a chance to select from three plans. Below, we have prepared a table to learn about its options.
|Price||0.33 €/monthRegular 9.95 €/month||6.45 €/monthRegular 17.95 €/month||11.95 €/monthRegular 29.95 €/month|
|Number of websites||One||Unlimited websites||Unlimited websites|
|Webspace||10 gb||20 gb||40 gb|
|The number of visits monthly||Approximately 10,000||Approximately 25,000||Approximately 100,000|
|Free WordPress installation, SSL, CDN, and email||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WP-CLI and SSH||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|100% renewable energy match||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|On-demand backup copies||No||Yes||Yes|
|Free site transfer||No||Yes||Yes|
|White-label clients, the highest tier of resources, priority support||No||No||Yes|
Cloudways vs Siteground: A Few Words in Conclusion
Before choosing between Cloudways vs SiteGround, it is better to look through their advantages again.
|Pricing||A pay-as-you-go model, which means that you pay for the resources you consume. Anyway, the price is affordable and fixed.||Understandable pricing.|
|User-friendliness||It requires some technical knowledge. As an example, when you need to work with DNS settings.||A cPanel makes it quicker to manage your hosting.|
|Speed and Trustworthiness||The platform has many tools to improve website speed. Yet, issues caused by the cashing system can be problematic.||A Cloudflare CDN and SuperCasher make sure your website gets the best speed.|
|Security||OS level security is excellent.||You will get automatic daily back-ups. It protects your data.|
|Customer Support||24/7 support is available.||It has 24/7 support that is always ready to resolve your problems.|
By the way, you can also take a look at the rating of these hosting platforms on TrustPilot.com.
Now, it should be easier to opt for the most multi-functional and suitable hosting. We hope that you have already managed to do this. Thanks for reading!