If you ask any successful online business owners about their aspirations, you’ll certainly hear the same answer: customers. The more traffic you manage to attract to your website – the more successful and profitable it will be in the long run.
There are multiple resources on how to generate traffic available out there. Likewise, there are myriads of articles that provide information on the effective SEO promotion, must-have factors that affect traffic growth, outreach strategies and other issues, which are crucial for establishing successful web presence. In this article, we have grouped and highlighted the most effective ways to drive traffic to your online project.
Why Don’t You Get Enough Traffic to Your Website?
Most web design experts will agree on the fact that content is what really matters when it comes to traffic generation. According to recent research, around 91% of content does not get any traffic from Google at all. The reasons for that are numerous and you have to be aware of them prior to working out your website development strategy. Have a look at the most widespread factors that affect traffic growth now.
- Bad Content. Quality of content optimization has direct impact upon the efficacy of traffic generation. Make sure to adjust the required settings, optimize texts and images for better indexing in the search engines. If you wish your website to rank high and get leading positions in the search engine results, you have to publish only unique content. No duplications and plagiarism are allowed. That’s a kind of a “golden” rule for each and every website owner. The choice of the right keywords is another aspect that affects traffic engagement rate. To drive user attention, make sure to select the keywords related to your website specialization and major user requirements. Fortunately, the web abounds in keyword tools that help you define the most frequent keywords provided in the search engine queries.
- Absence of Backlinks. When it comes to traffic engagement, backlinks are definitely important. As of today, around 60% of websites don’t have links from referring domains. As a result, they end up with little or no traffic at all. However, you should realize that backinks should not be published for the sake of quick search engine promotion only. They should be natural and informative to appeal to website visitors.
- Underestimation of Social Communication. If you aim at effective website development and traffic growth, there is no better way to increase the customer base than participating in niche forums, social network groups and web communities. It’s no secret that most users browse forums looking for the topics they are interested in. This is where you can meet them and redirect to your website. Mind that not all the forums allow link posting, but there are also those that let you leave signatures under the posts or just provide your website/brand name to invite users. Communication in social networks may also contribute to traffic growth. This is because you will target those users, who are interested in your products/services, browsing social networks and joining online niche communities.
These are the most widespread reasons that prevent you from getting enough website traffic. It definitely makes sense to check, whether these aspects are applicable for your project. If so, it’s not late to fix that.
Top 5 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website in 2019
You need to realize that getting massive traffic to your website won’t happen overnight, no matter how much effort and time you invest into the process here and now. This is the result of regular and consistent work on your project. What you need is a good promotion strategy and awareness of those nuances that have powerful impact upon the success of your project. It’s high time to enlist these things now. Let’s get started!
1. SEO-Optimization Matters
Good SEO optimization is one of the key factors of effective website promotion and traffic generation. When launching a website, you should find out more about the basics of search engine optimization – this aspect should not be left unnoticed. Obviously, the higher positions your project has in the search engine results – the more people will visit it and the higher the traffic will be. When it comes to SEO optimization, mind the following issues:
- Internal SEO optimization (On-Page SEO), which implies proper filling out of meta tags for all website pages (titles, descriptions, keywords), image optimization (assigning alt tags for photos available at the website), setting website favicon to boost its online presentation and brand recognition, fixing website bugs, improving page load speed, optimizing URL structure etc. All these actions are geared towards the improvement of user browsing experience.
- External SEO Optimization (Off-Page SEO), which implies link building (quality and credibility of sources chosen for this goal are crucial), guest posting, social interactions (social media sharing), submitting your website to niche directories that have high domain authority parameters, using keywords in submitted articles etc.
2. What’s There Behind the Content?
It’s no secret that “Content is the King”. This widespread notion highlights the importance of choosing the right content to be published at the website. However, the fact is that many website owners and bloggers just underestimate this factor and don’t take it seriously, looking for other solutions to boost their website traffic.
Meanwhile, the amount of traffic you’ll get to the website has direct correlation to the quality of content published. If you think that content is about article posting only, you are mistaken. Content implies all information sources available at your website. These include videos, image collections, PDF files, audio sources, presentations, infographics, online courses and what not. Whatever content you plan to use at the website, don’t play around or experiment with it.
The eventual choice of content can make or break the entire success of your website promotion. Make sure to use only unique content from trusted sources that is not only informative and visually-appealing, but also well-optimized for the search engines. Take your time to post videos and presentations. Modern users are more attracted to visual information. Even a 1-minute video presentation may be worth thousands of words, when it comes to the informational value of content provided. Experts underline that around 55% of users perceive visual info better than other content types. Social video integration helps generate 1200% more shares as compared to photos and texts combined, while the use of video presentations on landing pages may boost conversion rates by 80%! And it’s no wonder. In the contemporary world, people have got used to browsing the web even on the go. Thus, they are not always able to read the articles published at the website, but they can watch videos anywhere and anytime. Keep that in mind and use the statistics to drive traffic.
3. Guest Posting Is a Must And Here Is Why
If you wish to get more traffic to your website, guest posting is not a whim, but a must. The process is quite simple – you discuss an opportunity of publishing your posts with the owners of quality blogs that specialize in the same niche you do. When writing articles for guest posting, you should pay attention both to their informational value and to the major SEO optimization parameters like the choice of keywords and links to be added to your posts. The links should redirect to your website, thus driving traffic from authority niche blogs to your project.
As a rule, bloggers offering guest post solutions have been in the business for many years and managed to establish nice reputation. If you are fortunate to find such website owners, your chances to generate more traffic will notably increase. However, get ready to invest much effort and time to find blogs with top parameters. Mind that, in most cases, guest posting is not free. The owners of popular platforms charge different fees for guest posting options. The cost of publishing an article may vary with regard to multiple aspects, such as credibility and characteristics of a platform, article requirements, niche you specialize in, number of links available in the article and more.
4. What Makes Mobile Websites Important?
Getting a website optimized for mobile viewing is a must-have for effective traffic generation. Moreover, this is one of the most crucial ranking factors that contributes to nice SEO optimization and the growth of user base. Fortunately, the prevailing number of web designers realize the importance of having a website that will display equally well on desktop and mobile devices. The thing is that the world of today is really busy to waste time using desktop computers only. People find it more convenient to be able to access websites they are interested it anywhere and anytime. They communicate, look for the required information and even shop on the go and you are bound to make your website mobile-optimized, if you aim at reaching wider audience. Otherwise, your user base will be limited to desktop users only, placing your project traffic at risk.
Launching a responsive website is a great solution in this respect. It eliminates the need to create separate website versions for mobile browsing, being a one-stop destination for each and every user, irrespective of the device they use to access a website. Responsive websites automatically adapt to all screen sizes and resolutions, which means that your website will display great both on mobile and desktop devices.
5. Niche Resources: Why Do You Have to Target Them?
To increase traffic flow, experts recommend targeting online niche resources. These include forums, web groups, communities, social media subscribers etc. Having online presence in social networks only is not enough to win user attention. The fact that a user will come across your post, put “like” and share it won’t bring you the desired result, if he/she won’t access your website. To find people, who are genuinely interested in your business, it makes sense to reach niche forums, communities and groups. What’s more, you should communicate with these people, participate in discussions to make others interested in your services/products. Websites with high traffic volume frequently link to social media resources at their websites. Thus, the more time you spend interacting with users in social networks, the higher the chances are to increase traffic.
Listed above are the proven ways to drive traffic to your website. It surely takes effort, time and money to consider all these nuances and include them into your project promotion strategy. However, if you do everything right, you will soon observe the desired result: your website traffic will rapidly increase. There is one more thing: to control and watch traffic fluctuation rates, you should regularly analyze your website statistics. There are multiple analytic tools available out there, which will let you find out and control the major parameters of your website and undertake different measures to fix the problems on time.
Anyway, you should clearly understand that launching a successful website and driving traffic to it is a challenging endeavour. Niche competition and growing users’ expectations urge website owners to make up new advanced strategies of their projects’ development. By posting informative, relevant, SEO-optimized and user-friendly content, you will target the audience that is sincerely interested in your services/products.