There are lots of affiliate program niches that can enable you to earn some extra money. This blog post will recap the best of them. We will dwell particularly on web design niche, tell you why this niche in particular is worth considering, why signing up to an affiliate program is the right solution and what you should do to become a leader among other affiliates.
If you are a beginner in affiliate marketing, you should know that it is not a complicated business, but it needs real work to succeed. What else do you need to know? To make money with affiliate programs, you need to understand clearly what you are promoting on your website or blog. It’s always easier to promote the products you trust, so try to choose a provider that manufactures quality products and is reputable, from your perspective.
No matter what business niche you decide to choose, you will need to drive a great amount of traffic to your blog. Traffic generation can be done via different ways. For instance, you can use advertising network. You need to test different methods to promote your links. This way, you will better understand and improve your business.
Main benefits of affiliate marketing
The specific advantage of affiliate marketing is that both an affiliate and a merchant benefit from having an affiliate partnership with each other. For instance, your web hosting fees may be paid through the income earned from being an affiliate. However, some affiliates can actually earn a substantial income from the merchants with whom they work. Unfortunately you don’t start to earn thousands by simply signing up for an affiliate program. The affiliate has an incentive to get traffic delivered to the merchant’s site. When done well, the affiliate also benefits by being credited with the sale or lead.
Some bloggers are afraid of losing their own traffic by sending it to the site they promote. Merchants, though, recognized this problem and came up with a solution to credit affiliates when a successful sale was made or a new customer signed up with their website or newsletter. As you see, affiliates and merchants must constantly adapt to make affiliate marketing work for both of them.
Here is a brief list of top affiliate niches you can join for free
Web templates and design development, managed WordPress hosting, Payoneer affiliate program, shared web hosting affiliate programs, health affiliate programs, electronics and technology programs, clothing affiliate companies.
Why choose a web design affiliate marketing niche?
This is one of the oldest, the most trusted and popular marketplaces. Industry leaders with many years of experience focus on themes’ quality first, so you can be sure that you are promoting some of the best products in the niche. Successful web design companies offer top rated affiliate programs with unlimited potential for earning, and a great team that is always ready to help and supply you with necessary tools. Web design is not a one-time commission affiliate program. Once signed up for it, the program pays you for every sale you generate with lifetime cookies. You get paid for all the sales from the same referred customer no matter how much time may have elapsed since the previous purchase.
How do you get your money? It’s really easy in any country worldwide. The company pays affiliates through a large variety of payment options (Payoneer, PayPal, Bank transfer, Skrill, and Web Money).
Signing up for an affiliate program in the web design niche you will have lots of themes powered by all platforms and applications available on the Internet. Reputable web design companies open the doors to an extensive marketplace with plenty of products that are supplied with ratings and reviews; that’s why it’s not too complex to persuade a prospective customer to make a purchase. Different companies offer different terms and conditions for affiliate programs, which is why we can talk about approximate amounts only, however, they will be fair examples. You earn nearly 20% percent of commission for every sale. Your next question is easy to foresee. 20% of what amount will I earn? The costs of premium themes differ, but not too much. Let’s take an average price of $90. 20% of $90 is $18. Not bad, eh? You earned 18 bucks just because somebody clicked the link on your website and bought a template. And now imagine how much you could earn if you promote the items in the right places with millions of users.
What else can you do to succeed in affiliate marketing?
· Affiliate marketing can be an extremely effective tool for making money, but you really need to know how to use it. You need a strategy, a budget; you need to be on-target, creative, and have at hand the technology to track activity. Feature the designs on your blog, website or forum. But don’t forget about targeted websites also as you need to find your way into the heart of the web design community. Using eye-catching banners can also boost the conversion.
· Many first-time affiliate marketers make the mistake of trying to dominate multiple niches in their first few years. But it’s better to stay focused. The price for losing focus is next to nothing in sales. You can start to experiment with different niches once you’ve achieved a level of success you’re happy with. But start with one inch wide and a mile deep.
· Create content with which your competition cannot compete. One of the biggest advantages affiliates have over established brands, and one of the greatest opportunities to add value, is the ability to be agile and act quickly with content marketing. While brands spend months approving their content strategy and holding numerous meetings, affiliates can be creating content of such a high standard, that competitors simply won’t have the resources to compete, and Google would be foolish not to drive traffic in your direction.
· Build a brand that adds value for the consumer. It’s no surprise that Google’s brand-bias is strengthening. For many affiliates, this is quite a concern, as affiliates haven’t traditionally had to concern themselves with building a strong brand. When you look at the leading sites in insurance, travel, property, finance, etc., it’s interesting to note that many of these sites are affiliate sites. They’re also strong brands. These sites are ultra-successful affiliates due to the strength of their brands, their editorial integrity, and the value they offer consumers.
· Don’t rely on a single traffic source. In February 2011, many successful affiliates were unpleasantly surprised to find out that they would probably be going out of business in a matter of weeks or months due to Google releasing the initial Panda update. The same thing happened again when Google launched the Penguin update in April 2012. It’s happening to brands who’ve built up organic Facebook Page audiences, and it’s going to happen time and time again across many third-party platforms whose business model revolves around selling eyeballs. Ideally, you should own your audience – not rent it. If you absolutely have to rent it, rent it from multiple sources.
· Be prepared for mobile. In November 2014, mobile accounted for 46% of all affiliate clicks and 26% of all affiliate retail sales. How does this affect the individual affiliate? For one, if you’re directing traffic to sites that aren’t mobile friendly, you’re probably losing a lot of potential commissions. Google have also started to send some rather blatant nudges to webmasters that their websites should be mobile friendly. In November, they launched a mobile-friendliness checker and began experimenting with displaying whether a page is mobile-friendly or not in search results. So, having a mobile-friendly site could become a good strategy for outranking your non-mobile friendly competitors in the search results. Another consideration is that with more people using and purchasing from mobile devices, certain niches, products, and search criteria will rise in popularity, and can be capitalized on by forward-thinking affiliates.
· Get in front of breakout and seasonal trends. Affiliate marketers have been taking advantage of trends for a long time. Yet, new trends continue to break out, creating hundreds of new weird and wonderful multi-million dollar niches every year like the breakout of the “selfie stick” trend, for example. So, how can you find out what trends are likely to emerge in 2016? The first differentiation to make is between seasonal and breakout trends. Seasonal trends are recurring, and often predictable, peaks in popularity for which you can prepare in advance. Google Trends is your best friend for identifying seasonal trends. While you can just type in a keyword to see how its search volume fluctuates throughout the year, you can also use the category functionality to find seasonal trends in specific industries. Breakout trends are much harder to predict. From electronic cigarettes and online TV, to selfie sticks and cinnamon flavored whisky, even the most experienced industry experts often have a hard time predicting as far as six months into the future of their industry. Regardless, reading the predictions of experts in your industry is a good place to start. Finally, there are a lot of great websites like TrendWatching.com that can help you estimate where the World is heading. Ultimately, though, knowing what’s around the corner comes down to having an acute awareness of what’s being talked about and piquing people’s curiosity in your industry.
· Promote products that raise your affiliate income by an order of magnitude.
· Focus on topic targeting, not keyword targeting. Google’s attempt to reduce the SEO community’s focus on keyword targeting hasn’t exactly been subtle. From removing keyword data in Google Analytics and exact-match keyword targeting in Google Adwords, to improving their understanding of similar terms, it’s becoming harder for digital marketers to target individual keywords. While on the surface this may seem like bad news, it’s arguably a blessing in disguise as it encourages a shift towards topic-targeting, and a focus on capturing long tail traffic. What matters is the aggregate amount of relevant long-tail traffic you receive relative to the content.
· Experiment with unusual content formats for recommending products. Imagine if, instead of writing another 1,000-word review on the top 10 products in your niche, you developed a calculator or a quiz that used a series of criteria to automatically redirect them to the product that’s best suited for them? Above all else, 2016 is going to be a year where affiliates need to get creative, outthink the competition, and really prove their worth in the value chain.
If you have diligently read all the information stated above, the future of your passive income doesn’t seem as bright as it did at the very beginning. But the goal of this blog post was not to scare you away from that kind of business because it’s really profitable. Just choose the right niche. We advise you to choose web design as it is a win-win solution. Deal only with blue-chip companies in the industry and they will help you put your business on track, as they know how to do that. You are not their first affiliate; they are well-known and trusted by millions, so it will be easy to promote their trendy products developed according to the latest standards and technologies. Their affiliate team will do most of the job instead of you. Take action, you will get all necessary guides and documentation from the affiliate team. It won’t cost you a cent, but might bring good profit.
Helga Moreno is a learning junkie, requiring a new dose of fresh information every day. She is always keeping her notepad at hand in order not to miss a single thrilling event happening in cyberspace. She diligently puts down all her thought in order to share the most interesting of them with web community in general and TemplateMonster’s readers in particular. For more inspirational posts check her G+ and Twitter accounts.