Affiliate marketing is a modern way of earning money on the net. By the way, it is considered an easy, even passive one. The basic premise of affiliate marketing is to find an affiliate program; set up a landing page for the program; drive traffic to the landing page and link to the affiliate. That’s it, money start to come to your account.
Every solid company has its own affiliate program, for instance TemplateMonster offers it affiliates multiple benefits like quick and easy integration, 365 return days, progressive commission plan, global quick payment, commission for recruiting new affiliates and many more. You can get to know everything about TemplateMonster’s affiliate program here.
However, the aim of this blog post is not telling you about multiple benefits of TemplateMonster’s affiliate program, but to give you some working tips on affiliate marketing. In fact, a list of engaged subscribers is one of the most effective and reliable marketing resources. A good list is so valuable that it can’t be bought. The matter is that when subscribers sign up for your list, they’re signing up to hear from you and your company. Subscribers have to be earned. What are the best ways to build a list? Here are the top 15 ways to do that and we are ready to share them with you together with the list of resources for quality freebies, which will help you to bring traffic to your website and earn more money as an affiliate at the result.
The permission model allows you to fill your audience with people who are genuinely interested in your brand and what you have to say. With information collected during sign-up (or later), you can precisely segment your list and design your email communication to suit your reader’s preferences. As you attract qualified leads, you’ll be able to guide them through the decision-making process by aligning content to specific buying cycle stages. Take your time and have a look at the 15 tips we’ve collected to help you build your email marketing list.
1. Offer quality content. Nobody gives up their email address for free. If you want to build a valuable relationship and engage your audience, you need to provide content that is worthwhile and interesting.
2. Put sign-up forms on every web page. Your sign-up form should be everywhere your potential subscribers are. Make sure it’s visible and easy to fill out.
3. Use social media to collect email addresses. Integrate your sign-up forms with social media platforms. Driving traffic from multiple sources allows you to build a strong email marketing list much faster.
4. Design your sign-up form carefully. Ask only for information you plan to use. A good rule of thumb is that less is more — the shorter the sign-up form is, the higher the conversion rate.
6. Show samples of your content. Let your subscribers know what they are signing up for. Use your older content samples to “sell” the email sign-up.
7. Include a call to action. Put a call to action in your submit button, e.g. Sign me up! This makes the sign-up process more engaging and improves the conversion ratio.
8. Highly important! Give away freebies. Think of a relevant incentive for your audience (e-book, infographics, whitepaper) and provide it for free.
9. Ask subscribers to share. Take the time to prepare valuable, shareable content. Remember that putting the social share buttons is not enough; you still need to ask your subscribers to use them.
10. Build a content distribution strategy. Producing great content is only half the battle. Make sure it’s visible to the right audience. Define who your ideal audience is and find out where they like to congregate online. Then choose communication channels accordingly.
11. Publish landing pages. Create a squeeze page where visitors can download premium content in exchange for their email address. A dedicated web page helps users focus on the call to action and increases conversions.
12. Include testimonials on your landing page. Social proof helps build trust toward a brand and its products. Use testimonials from satisfied customers to help visitors make a decision.
13. Blog regularly. Great content brings more traffic. Develop a realistic content publishing schedule and stick to it.
14. Guest post on popular blogs. Publishing your content on other blogs is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers in your industry and introduce yourself to new people. Include a backlink to your blog, and your blog’s search rankings will go up.
15. Collect email addresses at offline events. Be ready to collect email addresses at trade shows and conferences. Ask for business cards or use the Forms on the Go app to instantly add people to your list.
We are absolutely sure that if you will follow these simple tips, your affiliate marketing campaign will be a success.
And here are lots of useful links where you will find tons of quality freebies (images, illustrations, fonts, icons, themes, etc.) to feature on your blog and bring traffic to it.
That’s it for now. It’s time to get started. Now you know a handful of great ways to build one of the most effective marketing assets — your email marketing list. Use them as well as resources to nice freebies. We wish you good luck.
Tina Jameson is TemplateMonster Affiliate Manager providing the latest news and updates in online and affiliate marketing in particular. She is totally obsessed with social media and will gladly share fresh inspirational industry news and tips for TemplateMonster affiliates on her G+ and FB accounts.