As an ever-changing industry, the field of web design continues to grow and innovate at a staggering rate to date. With almost every sector utilizing at least one digital platform to conduct its daily business, the role of web design professionals has never been as important as it is right now. In fact, statistics state that 48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor that helps them decide if a business is credible or not.
That said, in order to thrive, let alone survive in this industry requires continuous learning and being up-to-date with the latest trends and shifts that take place throughout the year. In the past few years, we have seen a lot of changes in the web design industry, which has become a staple fixture in the field nowadays. And with the advent of 2017, we can already predict the next paths that web designers will be pursuing in the years ahead.
So, if you want to ramp up your web design skill further in 2017, then this post is perfect for you. From micro-mini interactions to mobile-first strategy to the utilization of intelligent analytics, here are the key takeaways from the infographic below.
- Micro-mini interactions will gain more popularity. Though micro-interactions are still quite useful today, the increasing complexity of apps and websites has driven many web designers even further to splice it into smaller bits of interactions enabling the user to interact to a much higher degree.
- More weather apps. Most people wouldn’t start their daily hustle and bustle without checking the weather outside, hence the massive influx of weather apps in the market in recent years. That said, the demand for accurate weather apps that are good while on the go will continue to thrive this year.
- The mobile-first approach is going to be the industry standard. As more and more people access their favorite apps and websites through their mobile devices, companies will start implementing the mobile-first approach in designing their offerings this year.
- Interactive web storytelling. Gone are the days when vendors would simply post their product offerings on their websites. This year, web designers will utilize tools that will put the brand storytelling into a higher level, such as videos, bots, and animation
- CSS media queries and flexible grid/layouts will be utilized to build responsive-based websites.
- Hypnotic feedback technology will encourage web designers to add subtle pulses and vibrations to every interaction to make the UX more memorable for visitors.
- Web sites will use more original images and typography to make their site stand out from the competition.
- More websites will use the flat design format to achieve a more intuitive and fluid interface
- Parallax scrolling will gain more popularity
- Web designers have to rely on advanced analytics to identify the weak spots of their site and further improve its design.
These are just some of the major trends that will shape the world of web design this year. Check the infographic
below from WP Shrug to understand further how these trends will transform the field of web design today.
Steven Watts shows aspiring bloggers and WordPress website owners simple, practical steps for improving their WordPress websites. Check out his free WordPress guides and tutorials at WP Shrug. The free tips, explanations, and tutorials he provides are sure to take your WordPress website to the next level.